From birth onwards
Pregestimil is an extensively hydrolysed formula for the dietary management of cow's milk allergy or soya protein allergy and/or fat maldigestion or malabsorption. It is suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants up to 6 months of age and as part of a varied diet from 6 months onwards.
Pregestimil is an extensively hydrolysed, hypoallergenic formula for the dietary management of cow's milk allergy or soya protein allergy and/or fat maldigestion or malabsorption with symptoms such as protracted diarrhoea, gastrointestinal symptoms or failure to thrive. Pregestimil can be used as an infant’s only source of nutrition for the first 6 months of life and as part of a varied diet from 6 months onwards as part of a varied diet.
Pregestimil is a food for special medical purposes and should only be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
The cow's milk proteins in Pregestimil LIPIL have been broken into pieces (or hydrolysed) so that the immune system of most infants with cow’s milk allergy or soya protein allergy no longer recognises them as harmful.
Unless your healthcare professional advises you otherwise, use the chart below as a guide for the correct amounts of boiled water and powder to use. The feeding information provided here and on the product tins is intended as a guide only. Your infant or child may require more or less than the amounts shown — your healthcare professional will advise you if different amounts are required.
†Only use scoop in tin. Do not press powder into scoop - level off with the back of a clean, dry knife. Add 1 level scoop (4.4 g) to each 30 ml of water.
*When children do not receive adequate quantities of solid food, the amount of formula will need to be adjusted strictly following the advice of a healthcare professional.
Pregestimil has specific preparation instructions. Carefully follow the instructions for preparation and use.
1. Wash hands thoroughly. Clean bottles, teats, caps and utensils in water (1 minute at a rolling boil).
2. Boil fresh water. Leave to cool for up to 30 minutes prior to mixing. Do not use softened water. Pour the desired amount of hot water into clean sterile bottle.
3. Add required number of level scoops of powder (see feeding guidelines). Store dry scoop in the tin.
4. Cap the bottle, roll and shake well until powder dissolves completely. Check temperature on the inside of your wrist
5. Once prepared, formula can spoil quickly. Feed immediately after preparation or cover and store in a refrigerator at 2–4°C for no longer than a total of 24 hours. Do not freeze prepared formula and do not use if unrefrigerated for more than a total of 2 hours. Use formula that has been in contact with baby's mouth within 1 hour and do not refrigerate. Throw away prepared formula left in bottle and clean utensils. Do not heat feeds in a microwave.
Each product in our range of infant formulas contains a unique blend of ingredients to help support and nourish your infant. See the ingredient information below.
Glucose syrup, vegetable oils (medium chain triglycerides from coconut/palm kernel (15.9%), soy, high oleic safflower), extensively hydrolysed casein (from milk), modified corn starch, calcium citrate, potassium phosphate, calcium phosphate, magnesium phosphate, oil from Mortierella alpina, potassium chloride, oil from the microalgae Schizochytrium sp., choline chloride,
L cystine, inositol, ascorbic acid, L-tyrosine, L-tryptophan, sodium citrate, taurine, ferrous sulfate, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, L-carnitine, zinc sulfate, ascorbyl palmitate, nicotinamide, retinyl palmitate, calcium pantothenate, cupric sulfate, thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, manganese sulfate, sodium iodide, folic acid, chromic chloride, phytomenadione, sodium selenite, sodium molybdate, D-biotin, cholecalciferol, cyanocobalamin.
May not be suitable for some cultural groups.