Fussiness / Wind
It is not uncommon for babies to experience fussiness and wind. That's perfectly normal. If you are concerned speak to your healthcare professional. However, the following tips may help:
- Feed your baby slowly and pause from time to time.
- Sit your baby up during feeding, pause; a burp may come on its own.
- While feeding, tip the bottle to make sure the teat is always full of milk. This helps reduce ingested air.
- Try rubbing the left side of her back. Start at her lower back then slowly rub up to her shoulder.
- Make sure you get at least one good burp after feeding is finished.
- With your baby lying on her back, try gently bicycling her leg.
Excessive wind may also be caused by a sensitivity to lactose in your baby's formula. If you are concerned, speak to your healthcare profession who may recommend a lactose free formula such as Enfamil O-Lac.